Video marketing for your business explained
The Finlay-Mulligan & Co Accountants team have realised over the covid crises that in a world of multiple online channels and social media formats, video seems to be coming out on top. Social platforms like Instagram, Tik Tok and Facebook (or Meta as it is soon to be called following yesterdays announcement) are all focused on making video central to their platform. Over 82% of internet traffic will be online videos by 2022, according to predictions by online giant Cisco. And the impact of prolonged lockdowns and remote use of the internet during the pandemic has greatly increased people’s consumption of video content.
So, why is video becoming so popular? Here are some reasons to consider video marketing for your business from the Finlay-Mulligan & Co Accountants team.
- Storytelling is easier in a video – telling a good story is key to making your content marketing engaging. Telling your narrative via video can appear more organic and ‘real’ for your audience, making them feel like you’re in the room with them. As such, it’s more immediate as a channel than some written formats.
- Your customers get to see you – although not truly face-to-face contact, video is a more instant and human means of communication. During the pandemic, this has been vitally important for consumers and customers that have been missing out on real-world human connections over the course of lockdown. It’s also a great way to profile specific people in your business and to get their face known in the market.
- Short-form content is king – we have shorter attention spans in the digital age. People are happier to watch a 2-minute video about your product, or service than to read a 10-minute deep-dive blog post. So, posting short, snappy videos can be a great way to boost engagement and convert a higher number of prospects to your brand.
- Production values are flexible – videos don’t always have to be shiny and polished to be effective. You can choose the level of quality and production values you want – whether it’s a rough-and-ready vlog recorded on your phone or a high-production-values video case study that comes across as slick and professional.
- Video engages your customers – video is a fast and effective way to put your people and your brand in front of the right customer eyes. When you want to really tell the story of your product, service or brand, video has to be one of your routes to market.
For the latest business/practice news, taxation/financial resources and our Newsletter, visit https://fmco.ie/